Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
NFTE Curriculum Lab Day - Marketing
Volunteers are critical to every NFTE student’s learning experience.
They bring concepts and ideas to life and connect the classroom to today’s changing work environment. NFTE volunteerism is skills-based and provides opportunities to share expertise, insights and inspiration about careers, becoming an entrepreneur and what it takes to succeed.
NFTE Lab Days bring subject matter experts into the classroom to share their skillset with budding entrepreneurial thinkers. Opportunities are curriculum-aligned to ensure relevancy so that students can easily apply lessons and insights to their business concepts.
Students learn about the importance of using marketing to convince customers that a business is better than the competition. In this unit, students look at the importance of assembling a marketing plan and approaches to assembling customer profiles for their main customer segments. With a focus on modern and cost-effective strategies, students put together their planned channels to customers and the key metrics they will use to measure the effectiveness of these channels.
Suggested Topics include:
- Setting marketing goals
- Targeting customer segments
- Benefits v. features
- Promotional channels and cycles
- Customer relationships
- Key metrics for marketing
Please make sure that you sign up for your specific event which are listed below in the follwing order (you will receive detailed instructions for day-of logistics and session agendas in follow-up to your registration):
- CICS Longwood Academy,1309 W 95th St, Chicago, IL 60643 (Open Registration) 7:50am - 8:50am
- Perspectives Math and Science Acaedmy, 3663 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60653 (Capital One Volunteers) 9:50am - 11:15am
- Horizon Science Academy, 2245 W Pershing Rd, Chicago, IL 60609 (Open Registration) 1:30pm - 2:45pm
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: