NFTE’s Volunteer Code of Conduct Agreement contains only a few examples of appropriate conduct that we expect from our volunteers. Inappropriate conduct could lead to dismissal from volunteer service. Click here to download.
As a volunteer, I will:
- Represent the organization with professionalism, dignity, and pride.
- Follow through and complete accepted tasks.
- Conduct myself in a respectful manner, exhibit good conduct, and be a positive role model.
- Participate in orientation, training for my volunteer role, meetings, and other learning opportunities to help me work effectively in the position.
- Respect staff, volunteers, school administrators and teachers, students, and property.
- Provide a safe environment by not causing harm to anyone through discrimination, sexual or other unlawful harassment, physical force, verbal or mental abuse, negligence, and other negative acts.
- Respect the privacy of NFTE constituents and keep confidential all sensitive, private, and personal information.
- Inform staff of progress, concerns, and problems in the program(s) in which I participate.
- Collaborate as a team member with staff and volunteers.
- Uphold all NFTE policies and program expectations.
- Keep personal opinions and actions separate from those made as a representative of the organization.
- Promote and support NFTE in developing effective programs locally and statewide.
As a volunteer, I will not:
- Meet alone with any NFTE student or alumni under the age of 18, unless authorized by the organization.
- Transport NFTE students or alumni under the age of 18 in any motor vehicle.
- Communicate one-on-one with any NFTE student or alumni under the age of 18 in people or via e-mail, telephone, mobile phone, text messaging, and social-networking websites unless authorized by the organization.
- Use vulgar and inappropriate language.
- Solicit gratuities, gifts, or bequest for personal or profession benefit.
- Use or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Smoke cigarettes or a pipe, or use tobacco at NFTE sites or events.
- Discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.