Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
NFTE Curriculum Lab Day - Market Research
Volunteers are critical to every NFTE student’s learning experience.
They bring concepts and ideas to life and connect the classroom to today’s changing work environment. NFTE volunteerism is skills-based and provides opportunities to share expertise, insights and inspiration about careers, becoming an entrepreneur and what it takes to succeed.
NFTE Lab Days bring subject matter experts into the classroom to share their skillset with budding entrepreneurial thinkers. Opportunities are curriculum-aligned to ensure relevancy so that students can easily apply lessons and insights to their business concepts.
January: Market and Competitor Analysis
Students go through the process of validating their business solution through market research with an emphasis on lean startup methodologies, testing assumptions, and iterative design. Students learn about basic economic principles and the role that plays in the success of a business. Students assemble competitor profiles and a competitive matrix to determine their unfair advantage within their industry.
Suggested Topics include:
· Secret (free) tools for market research
· How to scope out your competition
· Building customer profiles
· Avoiding analysis paralysisPlease make sure that you sign up for your specific event which are listed below in the follwing order (you will receive detailed instructions for day-of logistics and session agendas in follow-up to your registration):
- CICS Longwood Academy,1309 W 95th St, Chicago, IL 60643 (Open Registration) 7:50am - 8:50am
- Perspectives Math and Science Acaedmy, 3663 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60653 (Capital One Volunteers) 9:50am - 11:15am
- Horizon Science Academy, 2245 W Pershing Rd, Chicago, IL 60609 (Open Registration) 1:30pm - 2:45pm
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: